Maryland Institute College of Art — BFA in Fiber, Experimental Fashion + Photography ‘20
2016 - 2020. BALTIMORE, MD, USA. (MICA) SUMMA CUM LAUDE.
Studio Arts College International — Photography + Design
2018 - MAY 2019. FLORENCE, ITALY. (SACI)
2014. NEW YORK CITY, NY, USA.Awarded all expenses paid Young Designer Consortium Scholarship.
Design & Architecture Senior High — Design + Fine Art
2013 - JUNE 2016. MIAMI DESIGN DISTRICT, FL, USA. (DASH) MAGNA CUM LAUDE.
Awards + Achievements
- Photography published in 2020 MICA Wellness Book: Exercises and Stretches for Artists
- Thesis artwork shown in 2020 MICA Class of 2020 Show
- Thesis artwork shown in esteemed Serving the People 2020 BFA Show
- Design collection showcased in 2020 MICA Experimental Fashion Show
- Red Hook Labs New York Fashion Week Photography Residency
- 2019 PRIZM Photography Fellow
- SACI Jules Maidoff Award for Best Student Artwork in Photography and Design - Florence, Italy
- Selected MICA Representative for 2018 BioDesign Summit: Presentation in MoMa and Exhibition at Parsons
- Presentation at The New Fabric of Baltimore
- Design collection chosen to be showcased in 25th Anniversary MICA Benefit Fashion Show
- Garment chosen to be displayed in MICA Juried Fiber Show 2018
Design collection chosen to be showcased in Hueman: 2017 MICA Benefit Fashion Show
- Guest Student Speaker at 2017 MICA Leadership Summit
- Drawing/Textile Art chosen for MICA Juried Undergraduate Exhibition in Fall 2017
- Honored and awarded a medal as a Design Arts Scholar by the White House Administration within the Mellon Building
- Performed in the U.S. Kennedy Center
- 2016 U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- 2016 YoungArts National Finalist in Design Arts - (Awarded an all expenses paid trip to The National YoungArts Foundation headquarters for a week long of master classes with design industry professionals)
- 2016 Scholastics National Silver Medalist in Fashion Design
- 2016 Scholastics Art Awards: Gold Key Art Portfolio, Gold Key in Fashion Design, Silver Key in Jewelry, and Honorable Mention in Jewelry.
- 2015 Scholastics Art & Writing Awards: Silver Key for visual art work
- CEO of DASH Fashion Club
- Class of 2016 President
- Young Designer Consortium Scholarship Award (all expenses paid 3-week SVA Pre-College program in NYC)
- DASH Award of Special Recognition in Fashion Design
MICA Wellness Center — Visual Content Creator + Fitness Assistant
MAY 2018 – JUNE 2020 — BALTIMORE, MD, USA.
• Created photography and visual content for MICA Wellness print and digital media.
Such as the “2020 Wellness Book” and "2020 Wellness Postcard Set" which demonstrates exercises for artists, through photography, illustrations, design and writing. Or creating videos and photos of exercises and self-care tips for Instagram.
• Also CPR certified fitness instructor and friendly face at the front desk of the Fitness Center.
PRIZM Art Fair, Art Basel Miami — Photography Fellow
JUN - DEC 2019 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Created photography and visual content for press, events, panels and social media for PRIZM Art Fair –“exhibiting contemporary artists from the African Diaspora”– during 2019 Art Basel Miami.
Baltimore Magazine — Editorial Style Intern
AUG - DEC 2019 — BALTIMORE, MD, USA.
Organized and pulled designer pieces for fashion closet. Assisted Style Editor and photographers on set at photoshoots. Wrote articles and interviewed Baltimore’s finest.
*Modern Luxury Media*Modern Luxury reaches an audience of more than 16 million, the nation's largest luxury media company offering leading brands access to the most affluent audiences in the most prominent cities across the U.S.
— Assistant Editorial Stylist
JUN - OCT 2019 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Assisted in styling MIAMI Magazine's “2019 Women of Style” on set for the September issue 9-pg. feature.
— Editorial + Marketing Intern
JUN - AUG 2019 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Photographed events, designed visual content and crafted social media posts for Modern Lurxury, MIAMI Magazine, Ocean Drive Magazine, South Florida Weddings and Interiors.
Miami Herald Media
*Indulge Magazine is Miami Herald's award-winning luxury lifestyle magazine.
— Editorial Photography Assistant
JUN - NOV 2019 — NEW YORK, NY, USA. — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Assisted in photographing the fashion designer, Naeem Khan, and his latest collection for the Oct. cover of *Indulge Magazine.
— Editorial Styling Assistant
JUN - OCT 2019 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Assisted in styling the Aug./Sept. Feature Cover Story of *Indulge Magazine.
Elysze Held INC — Media Style Intern
APR 2014 - NOV 2019 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Assisted luxury fashion stylist Elysze Held, Fashion Editor at Indulge Magazine, CEO of fashion consulting firm Style Out of the City, and stylist for WSVN7 and Deco Drive TV.
MICA Office of Identity and Inclusion — Co-Director, Designer + Diversity Coordinator
OCT 2016 - APR 2019 — BALTIMORE, MD, USA
2018-2019: As a Diversity Coordinator, I co-directed a team of over 150 designers, models, techs, and students to organize the *2019 MICA Annual Benefit Fashion Show.
The year-long planning of the show consisted of: seleting and advising designers, organizing a fashion photoshoot for marketing and promotion, and creative-directing the branding and theme.
2016-2018: Invited to create FW2017 and SS2018 fashion collections to show in the esteemed *2017 and 2018 MICA Annual Benefit Fashion Shows.
*The show was founded in 1993 by the Black Student Union and Office of Identity and Inclusion, to raise funding for future student scholarships for artists of color at MICA.
KrelWear Luxury Knitwear — Design Intern
JUN - AUG 2017 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Collaborated with head designers, to create the “tropical knitwear” that Krelwear is known for! Styled, dressed models & organized KRELwear pop-up shop as a part of Miami Swim Week. Practiced machine knitting skills. Provided customer service in retail setting. Organized archived garment inventory.
Cosabella — Design InternCosabella is a global luxury lingerie company founded in 1983, with design headquarters in Miami, production headquarters in Italy.
JUL - AUG 2016 — MIAMI, FL, USA.
Digitally rendered repeating prints on Illustrator for textile production. Industrially sewed garment samples to aid design development. Assisted in designing Fall 2017 Intimate Apparel Collection along with the Junior Sleepwear capsule collection.
MICA Residence Life — Residential Advisor
AUG 2017 – MAY 2018 — BALTIMORE, MD, USA.
Responsibile for the well-being of the residential community. Actively practiced skills in communication, student care, reliability, time management, public speaking, student advocacy/activism, leadership, and most importantly empathy.
“So Be It, See To It”
– Octavia Butler